Have you been playing any games on Facebook lately? There’s a new game application that really makes me addicted to the point that I’m playing on all my Facebook accounts just to gifting myself! 😀 It goes by the name Cityville, another game application by Zynga.
Cityville is developed with similar layout and game-playing such as Farmville and Cafe’ World, but this time you can built your own city! Now, how exciting is that? While it’s true we’ve been trying to built town and cities inside our farms, but the buildings and houses are not meant for large cities like in Cityville. Overall, its very addicting, easy to play, and not really a time consuming (unless while you’re remodeling your city!). So get creative and be a town planner!
This is not a review, just some tips and guides that I catch on while playing Cityville 🙂
1. Add as many neighbours to visit and collect energy, and sending gifts. For first time visit to any new neighbour, you will get 3 energy, for every subsequent visits, you will get 1 energy (doesn’t matter if your neighbour is inactive). NEW* For new CV players, visiting new neighbours will gain you 10 energy + 500 goods + 10 XP for first time neighbour visit.
2. Do not add new decoration, houses or business without referring to Goal first as you will have to do it again, unless you have much money too spend!
3. Most goals offers energy, goods or XP (experience points), but some goals offers new business, community building, decoration, seeds or houses to unlock. Only do goals after you have running your city smoothly.
4. Unlock Charlieville by doing the Bakery goal (open Bakery business). Then run your train many times to Charlieville so you don’t have to select your friends afterwards (5 minutes train trip). NEW* Run train 3 times to Sam’s City to unlock Charlieville.
5. Gifts sending are reset every 6 hours so you can send them every morning, evening and nights. Neighbour visits are reset every 12 hours so you can only collect energy from your neighbours twice a day, but there is no neighbour limits to visit.
6. DO NOT do Cinema Goals unless you are rich already. Once your money reach 50K it will be consumed to unlock the Cinema and you will have to collect another 100K just to buy it back. After you have build your Cinema, you will be required to advertise to your friends by visiting them and sending Tour Bus to 20 of your friend’s businesses, in order to activate/start your Cinema. NEW* No more consuming your money for the Cinema goal.
7. DO NOT plow your withered crops, but let you friends revived them first for you. 5 minutes crops (Strawberry) will wither faster than 1 day crops (Corn) if you forgot to harvest them.
8. Any crop harvested, rent collected by your neighbours will not effect your income amount or goods. But if you’re doing goals for harvesting or shipping, then you will have to re-do them again once your friends have collected them for you.
9. Save and get more money by adding Empty Lots in your city. This way, your friends can build their franchises and you can collect the money from their businesses. They will supply the goods for you too!
10. Empty Lots – for friend’s business/ franchise. You can placed as many lots as you want depends on the number of neighbours you have. More neighbours, means more empty lots to place.
11. If you can’t get any friends to work for your in Community Building, buy only City Hall (as many as you can afford) to grow your population. This way, you will only have to hire 3 Samanthas for $3 instead of hiring 5-7 Samanthas and spend more $ with clinics or libraries ($2 to $4 for each Samatha). You can also unlock Museum where you will only have to ask for gifts to complete the building instead of hiring friends. Remember, the point of unlocking Community Building is to grow your population only.
12. To make your citizen happy, try a ratio of 1:2 for your population. Examples: 170/250 will make your City green or yellow with happiness.
13. Save more land! Community buildings and Franchise Headquarters don’t need any roads, so you can build them close together. Houses and business need roads to operate, BUT if you connect city sidewalk between your road and business then you can save more land (city sidewalk only used 1×1 plot while road used 3×3 plot).
14. Only build houses and plant crops that will gives you good collections. Examples: If you only play once a day, then build houses with 1-day rent collection instead of 1-hour collection. Do the same for your crops too.
15. Whenever you come into your city, you can see if your neighbours are visiting or helping out. Conserve your energy by collecting money from your businesses first, then only you Accept your friend’s help. This way the energy that you will get from their visits will not accumulated to your current full energy and get wasted that way.
16. City Expansion – the more bigger your city, the more Zoning Permits you will need to expand (the price for the permits will gradually increased from 20K to 25K – or more – from around level 50 to 56). To assure your friends can send you more that 1 Zoning Permit at a time, do this;
– 1) ask them to send from normal gifting page (free gifts)
– 2) put the Zoning Permit in your Wishlist and publish it to your profile, so your friends can click them to send you one FROM THEIR OWN Inventory. (this is NOT A FREE gifts).
– 3) click Expansion under Build, and publish to profile (free gifts where they will get one too!)
17. Collection – Sometimes you will get some items to collect from any business, rent or harvest you click in your city. Your Collection will be based on types of houses, crops or business. Once you have completed them, you can Trade In them at any time. Do Not trade unnecessarily unless you really need to use the Reward as some goals required rewards from your trade-in.
18. Reputation (the hearts that collects in the Red bar instead of Yellow energy bar that appears when you visit your neighbour) – Each level of Reputation completed will earn you some goods (for business). You will have 5 free energy to help your friend’s city, and get paid by money/goods AND Extra Bonus and Reputation Points.
19. Franchise (required one existing business to franchise) – Once you have decided to build your franchise, go to your friend’s city and click on their Empty Lots. Then wait for them to accept your franchise. Once they did, you will be informed of your new Franchise Headquarters in your Inventory (Free but need to build using energy). For every franchise that was accepted, your HQ will get higher per floor (1 franchise accepted = 1 floor higher: need to build using energy). You can then collect your franchise money everyday, but you also need to supply them with goods (to collect or supply, just click any of your HQ on the screen or click open the game Menu and select Franchises). REMEMBER, the more franchises you have, the more goods you need to supply them – prepare your storage and goods for the supplying. You can unlock new business for franchise according to your levels. If you accidentally remove your franchise building, you can find it back in your Inventory, but you will have to build the building back from scratch.
20. Community Building – Community building is used to grow your population. The first 4 Community Building unlocked – City Hall, Post Office, Police Station, Library, will need you to hire your friends as building staffs. The more expensive the building, the more staffs or materials needed to build it. Other building requires building materials – City Seal, Ribbons, Marbles and Gold Plating. Removing a community building will only affect your population growth, and in some cases makes your population unhappy (refer to population ratio in Tips#12).
21. You have around 5 limits to help your friends, and 5 limits to collect 50 coins from any of published visits on your profile.
Believe me these tips will work! 3 days of playing and I’m at level 35 already. Now I’m at level 45! And at the date of this post, at level 50!
Happy gaming & building! 🙂
aka Zazreen Zahovic
* Any new tips/ guides will be updated in Cityville (Facebook) – Game Updates later 😉
Latest Updates: I don’t play Cityville anymore as the game play is kinda taking my life away, so I won’t be updating any tips for Cityville in here anymore, sorry peeps…