Updated-10th Sept, 2012: If you are concern about your privacy in Facebook, especially when you have accepted your family, colleagues, teachers or a few lovers, and would like to hide them from prying eyes, these are what you should do. Just follow these steps and you will feel a lot better and secure with all your status updates and comments on Facebook! 🙂
There are actually 2 major steps in setting up your privacy setting. Here is the first one – Set up your Friends List first!
- Go to your Home or Main Facebook page, and scroll through the left side bar where you will see ‘More’. Click that and you will see ‘Friends’. Click that ‘Friends’ link.
- A Friends page will be opened in the middle bar. In the Friends page, click ‘+ Create a List’. A new window will opened.
- Name your list to anything that suits your circle of friends on Facebook, examples: Family, Work, Teachers or Unwanted. Then,select the people that you would like to be in that list. Once you’ve done, click ‘Create’.
- To edit the list, click on the list you want, and click ‘Manage List’. In this feature, you can also choose rename or delete list. You can choose which type of updates you want to view from the list by using this feature too.
- To add or remove people from your lists in the future, click on the list you want, and click ‘Manage List’. Choose ‘Edit List’, and click the small ‘x’ on the photo of your friends. Click ‘Finish’ once you’ve done.
- So now you can add any friends into your list once you add them so you will remember where you meet your friends. You can also change which list your friends in by going to their profile page, and click on ‘Friends’. A drop down box will appeared, choose ‘Show All List’, and just tick any list you want your friends to be in.
Now we will move on to the real privacy setup.